Thursday, December 17, 2009

Youth is Wasted on the Young


For my illustration class we had to illustrate an idiom/proverb/figure of speech. I chose "Youth is wasted on the young" for mine and i chose to depict some old pathetic men skateboarding. After this I realize that my subjects and ideas are ok, but I really need to work on technique. I used watercolor and a black watercolor pencil, but I need to be less messy with the pencil. I also shouldn't try to attempt something I know that I can't do; I should leave graffiti to the experts. If I'm going to try it, it should be on my own time and not on a final project.
Over the Christmas break I'm going to do simple watercolor pieces so I can practice technique. I really need to work on things looking more professional.
Hopefully in the future I'll have more good things to say about my artwork and stop ripping on it so much. In the meantime I will continue to practice and create things that will enhance my learning but not bring in any income.

No comments: