Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rainbows Support Group for Kids


This is a poster for Rainbows International, the Support group for kids dealing with a loss or divorce.  They're popular with schools and I remember a lot of kids leaving class and coming back with all these cool projects and ceramics that I never got to do.  I considered lying to be part of that group, they made cool arts and crafts in kindergarten!

Anyways, I wanted to do a positive promotional image of kids painting and interacting with each other.  I'll eventually place some type and place it in a formal setup.  The lines are graphite and the rest is done digitally.

I was kind of uncomfortable using an explosion of rainbow colors, I like to limit my color pallet and this image really stretched my limits to the number of colors used.  I just don't like throwup art.

No comments: