Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ballerina Pencils


This is a pencil for a promotional piece for To Get Her There owned by The Girl Scouts of America.  I really wanted to do something that had to do with girls being ok with their uniqueness.  I feel like girls today (and in the past as well) feel pressured to stick with the standards of being a "girl" and that being normal is the safe way to go.  
It's sad how many girls I know wanted to play hockey of football but were told by parents or teachers that they couldn't, that they would get teased.  I wanted to play gaelic football when I was younger, but they didn't have teams for girls.  They did have "co-ed" teams, but I was told no girls were on them.  We shouldn't be scared to be who we really are.  
 I'll upload the final this week!

No comments: