Kathleen Joyce

My photo

Kathleen Joyce //   
I am a Chicago illustrator who works in pen, watercolor, and a format of a digital hybrid.. and most of my work consists of advertising, storyboards, and Children's illustrations.  My work is light-hearted and fun... please contact me for work opportunities or just comments!
My Website is kjoyce.net

Wednesday, December 8, 2010



     This was done for my Drawing for Illustrators Class (as all of my work is nowadays...) so as always, black and white.. Pen and Watercolor.  And I need a new pen, badly...

The goal of this project was to create a black and white historical piece, and I chose 1850-1870s French Can Can Dancing.  The dress was a nightmare, not a good enough reference.. I really wish I had a dress like that so I could shoot an accurate reference photo.. maybe someday...

I'm pretty excited for Christmas break, I have a lot of family coming over, I'll finally have a break, I'm not getting hours at work .. hopefully it'll be nice and stress-free.  Sadly my boyfriend and a few of my good friends are going to be gone =(... I guess I'll have time to do artwork now

No comments: