Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More Digital Paintings... "PB and Jelly" and "Creepers"

I'm still getting used to the tablet, I can imagine something amazing in my mind, the only problem is recreating it.   But the tablet is a lot of fun to use.. I just need to practice, and this is what I have been doing the past couple of days.  "PB and Jelly" was originally going to be multicolored.. but then it looked too chaotic, so I chose a limited color palette.  The swirls were unintentional... I messed with the smudge button and decided to go along with it.  I really want to try this one again.. Maybe give it more detail.  The only problem is that my photoshop program can only handle so much.. it's very sensitive.
     "Creepers" is based off a shirt I bought from Threadless.  It's one of my favorite shirts and it has these adorable monsters creeping out from behind buildings.  Mine is nowhere near as good as that.  But it was something quick to do, along with the Jellyfish piece.  Hopefully I'll do some things that take a lot of time.  I just need a lot of practice.. and I'm sorry I'm subjecting you to my test pieces.

1 comment:

Bryan "Nerp" said...

Hey :) I'll start off by saying that "PB and Jelly" is my favorite of these two, because of the way you did the tentacles. I really like that you didn't space out the Jellyfish, and instead allowed the tips of the tentacles to seem like they were woven together.

Also, I really liked that you decided to stick with cool colors, and stayed away from multicolor. I could only see multicolor working for the tops of the Jellyfish, but the tentacles would've just seemed like an acid mess lol.

All together...BRAVO! :)